FAKRA (Fachkreis Automobil, a german standard) connectors are SMB-based automotive-grade connectors that can operate up to 6 GHz.
These connectors are embedded within a plastic housing with a locking feature that has an audible clicking noise that lets you know a connection has been made. They are available in 14 different mechanical layouts which are color coded for easy identification and mismatching prevention.
They can apply to a variety of connections in automotive vehicles. With applications including SDARS, cellular telephony, GPS navigation, keyless entry, and satellite radio.
Fakra Close-up View
1. Mounting groove for cable connectors for chassis mounting
2. Secure primary locking system between plug and coupler with tactile and audible locking
3. Protection bars and protective strips prevent unintentional opening of the primary latching arm
4. Protection of the coaxial insert by shock and vibration resistant coded housing
5. Secure secondary locking with high axial retention force of the coaxial insert in the plastic housing
6. Sophisticated mechanical and color-coding system with 14 different codes